Bridgewater, NJ, US
Number of years experience : 30
Salary preference : $80,000 - $90,000
Number of people managed:
Security clearance : No
Military experience : No
Languages : English
Title: Neal Huhn - Lan Wan Systems Analyst
CORNELIUS A. HUHN 3RD
82 Oak Street
Bridgewater New Jersey 08807
To secure a position in the Lan / Wan Network Support and/or Mainframe Network
Support team where I can share all of my experience as well as learn from my
co-workers to make as much of a contribution and be as much of an asset to my
employer as possible.
Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco CATOS, CATIOS, IOS Operating Systems,
Cisco 3550, 6506, 6509 CATOS and IOS SUP2's, SUP32's, SUP720's,
Adtran ADT3 Muxes, Digital Link Muxes, Riverbed Steelheads,
Cisco Secure ACS, Alterpoint,
Connect Direct, VPS/DRS/LRS, VTAM, NCP/SSP/EP, TSO/ISPF, RACF,
TCPIP, NPM, Easytrev, Attachmate Extra Personal Client, Hummingbird Exceed,
HP 9000 hardware, HP Openview / NNM, HP Scripting (Crons),
HP/UX OS V10.01, V10.20, V11.0,
HP Jet Direct Print Servers, Visio, MS Excel
CIT, Livingston, NJ 2000 - 2008
Network Systems Analyst
Support of Lan / Wan Cisco network which included Digital Link, Adtran Muxes, monitoring of network devices via HPUX Openview NNM, network device authentication / security via Cisco Secure ACS and Alterpoint along with
IBM Mainframe network, supporting TCPIP, Connect Direct, VPS/DRS/LRS, FTP, OSA Gig Adapters.
LAN / WAN
- Coordinated with ATT on all circuit issues to sites not ATT managed.
- Performed CATOS/IOS upgrades on Cisco routers and switches to maintain
and improve network availability and security.
- Maintained documentation on routers, switches, network connections and IP addresses.
- Built scripts and crons on HPUX 11.0 system for TFTP backup of router and
switch configs, cron utilities for maintaining router / switch daily logs,
router/switch password changes, copy of configs to flash cards for
routers not having access to TFTP server due to firewall restrictions,
push of new IOS, CATOS to flash cards, port utilization monitoring.
- Developed Cisco Secure ACS to replace Tacacs for authentication.
- Developed Remote Admin access to switches via Cisco Secure ACS
and Alterpoint allowing personnel at remote sites to reset their own
port security issues.
- Using Alterpoint, developed management of router and switch
config backups, change reporting for Internal Security group, mass
changes by device type and change control tracking.
- Converted network device access / authentication from telnet to SSH.
- Implementation of port security on all switches that supported it.
- Setup, tested and installed network in new Jacksonville Fla office.
2 routers w/ISDN PRI backup, 2 6506 Core Switches with SUP720’s
and 5 6506/9 floor switches with SUP32’s.
- Worked with entire Network Group to develop, test, implement new
network infrastructure. 'Access' switches which feed 'Distribution'
switches which feed 'Core' switches which have connections to
network router interfaces.
- Coordinated port assignments and cabling for D/C access switches for servers,
migrations off old switches to 6509's, setup of 'backup switches', setup of
'dual NIC' switches
- Migrated all access switches (closet switches) from 5500 to 6506/6509’s.
Included complete recabling of all switches.
- Worked with entire Network group to implement Riverbed 'Steelhead'
network optimization units which drastically improved response time.
- Using Openview/NNM, developed monitoring of all devices in network,
which included Emails sent on any failures of interfaces on routers/switches,
'outages' files which were loaded to server share for documentation and
review for patterns in failures.
- Enhanced network monitoring to include Event Correlation to eliminate
redundant messages and implemented paging on Node Down / Up
(router/switch down/up) to Network On-Call personnel.
- Configured all Mainframe Printing using VPS/IP, DRS, LRS.
- Updated TCPIP with LU Pools for reference to LUMAP to logappl
TN3270 sessions to CICS production regions.
- Changes made to TCPIP to support 2000+ LU's on each LPAR for conversion
of TN3270 connectivity from CIP router to GB adapters.
- Tested and implemented all Vtam, NCP, TCPIP maintenance.
- Support of FTP, TN3270 to mainframe via CIP Router and OSA adapters
- Supported Connect Direct on mainframe for file transfer which included
coordination of changes with Advanced Tech (Firewall) group. All connections
through Partner Router forwarded to Firewall and had IP addresses natted.
- Developed, tested and implemented Connect Direct procs for batch jobs
to transfer files to / from Partner sites.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery testing for network recovery on
Mainframe and Wan remote sites. Assumed responsibility for all Mainframe
and Lan Network D/R.
HISERV N.A. INC.
(A.K.A. AMERICAN HOECHST, HOECHST, HOECHST CELANESE)
Bridgewater, New Jersey 1973 - 2000
HPUX System Admin 1998 – 2000
- Admin for up to 15 HP9000 systems. Included hardware upgrades, software
maintenance in form of patches,Operating System upgrades (i.e. HP/UX 10.1 to 10.20),
file system conversions from HFS to VXFSand upgrades for Y2K compliance.
HPUX OS experience A.09.04, 10.01, 10.20, 11.0,
HPUX OmniBack Backup software working with HPUX DLT7000 Tape Backup unit.
1973 – 1997
Held a variety of positions which included:
- Supervisor of Operations - 2nd Shift
- Supervisor of Operations Support (Technical Support group and Production
- Network Support for VSE 4381 and VSE running on IBM 3090 LPAR
- Mainframe Network Support for Vtam configuration changes, NCP gens
for local and remote NCP's and TCPIP.
- Coordinator of Data Center Floorspace, network
cabling to switches and power arrangements with Facilities Management
Somerset County College, North Branch, NJ
PL/1 Workshop, TCPIP Workshop,
HP/UX 10.20 System Administration., HP Openview / NNM,
Intergrating Cisco Network Devices.
Certification: High School
Time Frame: Sep 1966 To Jun 1971
Program: Information Systems
Time Frame: Sep 1971 To Jun 1973
No approved recommendations yet. Please recommend me.